Comes with rare Vandercook press cover blanket! Original Vandercook Universal III manual. Includes mounted old style Vandercook 219 brass side guide with flared lip.
Full details and pics forthcoming and upon request.
• Urethane Sponge Roller. Quickly removes excess moisture from the surface of photopolymer plates after washout during processing. 18" long small pore sponge roller (1-3/8" diameter) with 22" hollow aluminum shaft. These last quite some long time if stored in water container. New, in wraps. $149.95 plus shipping and sales tax where applicable.
• Cylinder press bed plate. 33 by 20 inches (originally designed for a Vandercook 320). High grade 303 stainless steel (resistant to corrosion, non-magnetic) deadly precise at .05" thickness, and parallel from end to end, length and width. Produced at Jet Propulsion Laboratory (but never went to outer space!). Make a really good offer.
• Green Die Sealer, a well known fast-drying, permanent, yet flexible, sealer for letterpress printing dies. Serves to prevent solvent invasion of film adhesive on polyester-backed photopolymer plates, ensuring bond. Prevents plates from lifting at edges during printing. Removable. It is unaffected by cleaning solvents. It is also used for sealing the edging of a Green PVC adhesive sheet and/or a Magback (magnetic rubber) sheet on the platen of a photopolymer platemaking machine (used following installation of a replacement sheet or as repair to existing sheet). A very effective and extraordinarily long lasting water sealer. Indispensable. Eight ounce squeeze tip Yorker type sprout plastic bottle. New, unopened, limited stocking. $29.95, plus shipping restrictions/charges for flammable material (if applicable). Ground shipping only.
• Raw Photopolymer Plate Strips are available of various lengths at 3 to 4 inches in width at $25 per pound (minimum). See our blog on platemaking for more information. Only Toyobo plates are sold. In stock are strips of KF95 and KM152.
• Stone Lettering Cutting Tools. High end items used for cutting letterforms into stone including dummy mallet and stone chisels. From Tiranti (England). Small Scopas Dummy Mallet at approximately one pound (460g). Malleable iron head fitted with ash handle. Product code 990-005. Also, two Tungsten Tipped Lettering Chisels; product code 313-110, 10mm diameter, 5mm (13/64 inch) and product code 313-130, 10mm diameter, 8mm (5/16 inch). All tools measure 6-3/4 inch long. Items purchased for a course, not used beyond that. $125 plus shipping and tax (if applicable).
Currently stocked items include .002" and .003" Riegal and .006" Drum Head undersheets, as well as .007" PolyPak (tympan top sheet) and .021", .017", .011" Kimlon (tympan bottom sheet). These are available in economical small lots. Materials provided are not scored or die cut for specific presses and sheet sizes are maximized for largest 15- and 20-inch presses, thus you will need to cut to fit using templates.
A PDF of sizes and prices is available upon request. We are discontinuing Drum Head and the remaining stock is available for local pick up only.
T-shirts offered are super heavyweight 100% pre-shrunk cotton manufactured by Gildan. Loose, comfortable fit—great letterpress printing shirts (your mileage may vary). Limited serigraph printings.
Garment color is charcoal (purple-gray—same color as the old Vandercook press manuals). Black imaging, centered, upper chest. Logo measures 5-1/2 inches wide in the largest size. Sold out.
"Original" typeface. Garment color is natural (off white). Black imaging, centered, upper chest. Logo measures 9-3/4 inches wide in the largest size. Available in S M 3XL while they last (L XL 2XL are sold out).
Available direct from The Bieler Press. $19.95 each (California residents add $1.80 state sales tax). Add for shipping: Priority Mail $6.51. PayPal payment accepted.
Offered are extraordinary healthy collections of as new European foundry type:
Dominante, designed by Johannes Schweitzer in 1959 and cast by Ludwig & Mayer. Roman: 12-, 14-, 16-, 20-, 24-, 28-, 36-, 48-pt. Italic: 14-, 16-, 20-, 24-, 28-, 36-pt. Bold: 14-, 16-, 20-, 24-, 28-, 36-, 42-pt. There are 28 cases (including one case with type in wrappers, and extra sort case as shown). 1,080+ pounds.
Claudius Fraktur, designed by Rudolf Koch and cast by the Kingspor foundry. 10D-, 12D-, 16D-, 18D-, 20D-, 24D-, 30D-, 40D-pt. There are 10 cases. 350+ pounds.
Also available are several rare and hard-to-find metal typefaces from various domestic and foreign foundries. The fonts are in very good to as new condition.
Bulletin Typewriter (BB&S) 18-, 24-, 36-pt in 4 cases (155+ pounds)
Domino (Ludwig & Mayer) 20-, 30-, 54-pt in 2 cases (65+ pounds, as new)
Folio Medium Extended (Bauer) 24-, 30-, 36-, 42-, 54-, 66-pt in 6 cases (260+ pounds)
Information Grotesque (Klingspor) 24-, 42-, 66-pt in 3 cases (100+ pounds)
Lydian (ATF) 84-, 96-pt in 4 cases (110 pounds)
Nubian (ATF) 6-, 18-, 24-, 60-, 72-pt in 5 cases (180 pounds)
Small sets of large point size foundry-cast script spacing material: 42-pt, 48-pt, 54-pt, 60-pt, 84-pt. Total of 25 pounds. This is used in setting foundry straight-bodied script where the letterforms extend beyond the boundary of the body.
Large amount of metal type spacing material for sale in the form of medium to large point size quads: 24-pt em (11.75 pounds), 30-pt em (23.50 pounds), 36-pt em (9.50 pounds), 48-pt em, (11.50 pounds), and 48-pt x 36-pt (16.25 pounds). We also have small amounts of large and odd-size spacing material.
Available from The Bieler Press are several colors of Usuzumi Japanese paper. Remaining colors and quantities:
227 blue-green (turquoise)
This was made from recycled calligraphy paper (fairly smooth on one side, slight bit of texture on the other) and is a very durable text weight (40± lbs per ream). Extremely color fast. Non-acidic. Very useful as endsheets and a great letterpress paper; prints well without dampening. It also prints without problem with a laser printer. Size is 21.5 x 31 inches. This paper was discontinued in 1996.
Repackaged (mixed quantities/colors):
1-99 sheets $1.25 per sheet; 100+ sheets $1.00 per sheet.
100 sheet bundles (one color each bundle):
1-4 bundles: $87.50 per bundle (broken bundle overage per color at .75 per sheet); 5+ bundles: $75.00 per bundle (broken bundle overage per color at .675 per sheet).
Offered are No. 4 Standard Jaw Hooks for securing and registering photomechanical engravings on PMC Warnock Diagonal Block Bases. Bevel at 20 degrees. These hooks are designed for thin-lipped style bases and will not fit the later thick-lipped bases. Patent on hooks is Dec 11, 06 / Oct 31, 11. Manufacturer is Printing Machinery Co. They are used but functional.
Also available are as new hooks, keys, key bits, for honeycomb bases.