Serial number 29493.
For sale information will become more detailed in the near future.
• Storage Brass Galley Tray. Chicago Brass Company (Patented, Kenosha, Wisconsin). 24" long by 6-3/4" wide by 5/8" deep. Borders (all around) are 1/4" wide with similar grove. Weighs 4 pounds, 1-1/2 ounces. Colored through use and outside bottom scratched but no noticeable internal scratching. More pics available. $165.00.
• Hi-speed quick change aluminum furniture, MV Huffman Mfg. Co., LA. Complete in cabinet (21 sets, 15-pica to 60-pica). Also singles from 10-pica to 60-pica. Inquire.
• New brass .918 bearer supports 24-pt by 26 inches from Stephenson Blake, Sheffield, England. Price is $130 each. Sold in sets of two only.
• Double S font of English Resalite furniture in double font wood cabinet. $1,800 pick up only.
• Aluminum furniture made in Holland. Small clean family of 40-pica length in widths of 6-pica (2), 4-pica (4), 3-pica (3), 2-pica (5). Make an offer I can't refuse.
• Urethane Sponge Roller. Quickly removes excess moisture from the surface of photopolymer plates after washout during processing. 18" long small pore sponge roller (1-3/8" diameter) with 22" hollow aluminum shaft. These last quite some long time if stored in a container of water. New, in wraps. $149.95 plus shipping and sales tax where applicable.
• Cylinder press bed plate. 33 by 20 inches (originally designed for a Vandercook 320). High grade 303 stainless steel (resistant to corrosion, non-magnetic) deadly precise at .05" thickness, and parallel from end to end, length and width. Produced at Jet Propulsion Laboratory (but never went to outer space!). Make a really good offer.
• Raw Photopolymer Plate Strips are available in various lengths at 2 to 4 inches in width at $25 per pound (minimum). See our blog on platemaking for more information. Only Toyobo plates are sold. In stock are strips of KF95 and KM152.
• Paper Humidors. Humidor boxes are used for storing and handling dampened paper during editioning. Dampened paper can be held for up to 3 days. Includes sponges. About 20 pounds each. These were constructed on the model described in Lewis Allen’s Printing With the Handpress. These are all from the Glen Price version produced in the early 1990s. These hold sheets up to 16 x 25 inches. Inside height including upper sponges is 7 inches; including handling is 3 to 4 inches during production. These are only sold in sets of two.
• MANY MORE ITEMS TO COME ! ! !
Currently stocked items include .002" and .003" Riegal and .006" Drum Head undersheets, as well as .007" PolyPak (tympan top sheet for 15") and .021" (15"), .017", .011" Kimlon (tympan bottom sheet). These are available in economical small lots. Materials provided are not scored or die cut for specific presses and sheet sizes are maximized for largest 15- and 20-inch presses, thus you will need to cut to fit using templates.
A PDF of sizes and prices is available upon request.
T-shirts offered are super heavyweight 100% pre-shrunk cotton manufactured by Gildan. Loose, comfortable fit—great letterpress printing shirts (your mileage may vary). Limited serigraph printings.
Last item is:
U Had Me at Heidelberg in ‟Original” typeface. Garment color is natural (off white). Black imaging, centered, upper chest. Logo measures 9-3/4 inches wide in the largest size. Available in S M 3XL while they last (L XL 2XL are sold out).
Available direct from The Bieler Press. $19.95 each (California residents add $1.80 state sales tax).
Offered are extraordinary healthy collections of as new European foundry type:
Dominante, designed by Johannes Schweitzer in 1959 and cast by Ludwig & Mayer. Roman: 12-, 14-, 16-, 20-, 24-, 28-, 36-, 48-pt. Italic: 14-, 16-, 20-, 24-, 28-, 36-pt. Bold: 14-, 16-, 20-, 24-, 28-, 36-, 42-pt. There are 28 cases (including one case with type in wrappers, and extra sort case as shown). 1,080+ pounds.
Claudius Fraktur, designed by Rudolf Koch and cast by the Kingspor foundry. 10D-, 12D-, 16D-, 18D-, 20D-, 24D-, 30D-, 40D-pt. There are 10 cases. 350+ pounds.
Also available are several rare and hard-to-find metal typefaces from various domestic and foreign foundries. The fonts are in very good to as new condition.
Bulletin Typewriter (BB&S) 18-, 24-, 36-pt in 4 cases (155+ pounds)
Domino (Ludwig & Mayer) 20-, 30-, 54-pt in 2 cases (65+ pounds, as new)
Folio Medium Extended (Bauer) 24-, 30-, 36-, 42-, 54-, 66-pt in 6 cases (260+ pounds)
Information Grotesque (Klingspor) 24-, 42-, 66-pt in 3 cases (100+ pounds)
Lydian (ATF) 84-, 96-pt in 4 cases (110 pounds)
Nubian (ATF) 6-, 18-, 24-, 60-, 72-pt in 5 cases (180 pounds)
Small sets of large point size foundry-cast script spacing material: 42-pt, 48-pt, 54-pt, 60-pt, 84-pt. Total of 25 pounds. This is used in setting foundry straight-bodied script where the letterforms extend beyond the boundary of the body.
Large amount of metal type spacing material for sale in the form of medium to large point size quads: 24-pt em (11.75 pounds), 30-pt em (23.50 pounds), 36-pt em (9.50 pounds), 48-pt em, (11.50 pounds), and 48-pt x 36-pt (16.25 pounds). We also have small amounts of large and odd-size spacing material.
Available from The Bieler Press are several colors of Usuzumi Japanese paper. Remaining colors and quantities:
227 blue-green (turquoise)
This was made from recycled calligraphy paper (fairly smooth on one side, slight bit of texture on the other) and is a very durable text weight (40± lbs per ream). Extremely color fast. Non-acidic. Very useful as endsheets and a great letterpress paper; prints well without dampening. It also prints without problem with a laser printer. Size is 21.5 x 31 inches. This paper was discontinued in 1996.
Repackaged (mixed quantities/colors):
1-99 sheets $1.25 per sheet; 100+ sheets $1.00 per sheet.
100 sheet bundles (one color each bundle):
1-4 bundles: $87.50 per bundle (broken bundle overage per color at .75 per sheet); 5+ bundles: $75.00 per bundle (broken bundle overage per color at .675 per sheet).
Offered are No. 4 Standard Jaw Hooks for securing and registering photomechanical engravings on PMC Warnock Diagonal Block Bases. Bevel at 20 degrees. These hooks are designed for thin-lipped style bases and will not fit the later thick-lipped bases. Patent on hooks is Dec 11, 06 / Oct 31, 11. Manufacturer is Printing Machinery Co. They are used but functional.
Also available are as new hooks, keys, key bits, for honeycomb bases.